Mama + Me Postpartum Bath Soak/Sitz Bath 250ml
Bath Soak by Mama + Me
Mama + Me postpartum bath soak is specifically designed to aid in the healing of the perineal area for postpartum recovery. Each herb & mineral has been selected based on their healing benefits, helping you relax and sooth discomfort from stitches, perineal bruising and hemorrhoids. The soak is made in small artisan batches using only high quality pure therapeutic grade essential oils which have been diluted to be gentle and safe for postpartum recovery. The soak improves blood flow, reduces swelling and inflammation and promotes general healing & restoration.
* If irritation occurs discontinue use.
DIRECTIONS: For bath, add half of the jar into a bowl and pour hot water (not boiling) over it. Allow the herbs and minerals to brew for at least 5min prior to adding to bath water. For sitz bath use 2 spoons. Soak for at least 15-20min each time for full herbal benefits. You can also use the brewed mixture to add to maternity pads- Combine with Aloe Vera & store these in the freezer for use when extra comfort is needed.
INGREDIENTS: 100% Natural blend of Magnesium Sulphate (Epsom Salt), Sodium Chloride (fine pink Himalayan salt), Magnesium Chloride (Magnesium Flakes), Dried Calendula petal, Dried Chamomile, Dried Comfrey leaf, dried Plantain, dried Lavender, dried Raspberry leaf, Dried Yarrow flower, Dried Rose petal, D Alpha Tocopherol (Vitamin E) and pure essential oils of Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) & Boswellia Serrata (Frankincense) diluted in Cannabis Sativa (Hemp Oil) & Simmondsia Chinsis (Jojoba Oil)
Properties of the herbal ingredients chosen:
- Comfrey contains allantoin, a cell proliferate that helps repair damaged skin and is very valuable in the treatment of wounds, scars and bruises.
- Raspberry Leaf reduces swelling and promotes tissue repair topically.
- Yarrow has been used to stop wound bleeding. It also has been reported to reduce heavy menstrual bleeding and pain. The plant has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce swelling in wounds and also fights bacterial infections.
- Lavender is excellent for aching muscles, relaxation & stress relief. It is purported to have anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antidepressant, antiseptic, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties, as well as antispasmodic, analgesic, detoxifying, hypotensive, and sedative effects.
- Plantain has long been considered by herbalists to be a useful remedy for wounds and inflamed skin due to it’s anti-inflammatory and healing effects The tannins (astringent) and allantoin (promotes wound healing, speeds up cell regrowth/healing and softens skin) in plantain are considered the major factors in making it a mild anti-inflammatory.
- Chamomile has anti-inflammatory, muscle relaxant and sedative properties.
- Calendula has healing and anti-inflammatory properties. Research has shown that Calendula can actually help wounds heal faster, possibly by increasing blood flow and oxygen to the affected area, which helps the body grow new tissue.
- Rose petals and leaves are reliable astringents that can tighten and tone tissues. Astringents can be used on wounds to pull the tissues back together or to decrease excess secretions.